Saturday, April 21, 2012

Final Blog


Reading Log for 30 books (to paste into your blog in at the end of the term)

Genre / Titles you read
             I.      Non-fiction/Informational (1 reflection required on blog)    
      1) My Life in Dog Years




 II.      Poetry (1 reflection required on blog)
1)      What My Mother Doesn’t Know (required for discussion)
2)      Out of the Dust

       III.      Modern Fantasy (1 reflection required on blog)        
1)      Babe the Gallant Pig (required for discussion)
2)      The Hunger Games
3)      Catching Fire
4)      Mockingjay
5)      The Giver
6)      Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children


       IV.      Historical Fiction (1 reflection required on blog –can be a picture book)     
1)      Al Capone Does My Shirts (required for discussion)
2)      Sarah, Plain and Tall
3)      Bud, Not Buddy
4)      The Book Thief
5)      Pink and Say


          V.      Multicultural/Traditional (2 reflections required on blog – one can be a picture book)         
     1)  The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush
     2)  The Jack Tales
     3)  Shooter
     5)  M.C. Higgins the Great


       VI.      Realistic Fiction (1 reflection required on blog)
1)      Laugh Until you Cry  (required for discussion)
2)      Holes
3)      Monster
4)      Wringer
5)      Walk Two Moons


    VII.      Picture Books (6 reflections required on blog)
1)      Knots on a Counting Rope (required for discussion)
2)      The Invention of Hugo Cabret
3)      The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
4)      Bark George
5)      When Sophie Gets Angry – Really, Really Angry…
6)      Duck On A Bike

Wiki Checklist
Instructions: Write the number of entries for each category you posted into on the Course Wiki (requirement was four total posts, in four different categories)

___1_ Social Studies
___1_ Science (EXTRA CREDIT)
____ Math
___1_ Music
___1_ Art
__1__ Reading/Language Arts
____ Physical Education
___1_ Other (Technology)


Field Experience:

I really don’t know where to begin.  My field experience was with my SLMS.  She is a wonderful librarian!  Actually, she is also one of my best friends.  I really enjoyed working with her.  She helped me prepare a book talk to give to her Journalism students.  I also was able to observe her as she worked with her Journalism students to complete the school yearbook for the year.  I have really enjoyed this class.  I believe one of the most beneficial things I have learned is how to incorporate trade books into the high school classroom.  I have learned so much about different types of literature as well.  I think 2 of my favorites though were the poetry unit and the realistic fiction unit.  I really made a personal connection with these.  

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I love that you worked with your SLMS and your BEST statement was learning to incorporate trade books. Success! Thanks, Annette.

    ReplyDelete